Re: Errors trying to enable conduits to gnomecal and gnomecard

Daniel Lyddy wrote:

> This seems to pretty much be the problem with the conduits I am trying
> to instantiate.  My question is this: how did anyone else ever build the
> binary RPM from an SRPM that had these problems?  Could my gcc install
> be bad?  I have gcc-2.96-0.61mdk, which I heard was really an alpha
> version of gcc-3.0, but if I try to backtrack to gcc-2.95.x or uninstall
> gcc completely (and use egcs instead), rpm complains about all kinds of
> dependencies being broken.

Well, I tried forcing rpm to compile using kgcc (egcs) instead of gcc
(aren't environment variables cool?) as the default, and I still get the
error messages.  I tried upgrading to the gcc-3.0 they have in the
Mandrake Cooker, and I got all sorts of other warnings from the
preprocessor, I guess the concantenate operator (##) is still screwed up
in that release.

Si I'm back to square one with the gnome-pim Calendar and VCard
conduits, and gnome-pim-1.4.0-4mdk.src.rpm.   Again, how did anyone ever
build the binary RPM from these sources?  So far the evidence I've seen,
when considered all together, just doesn't make any sense.

Dan
--
Daniel Lyddy		sprocket path berkeley edu
California PATH/UC Berkeley Computer Science

"Nice to meet you.  Are you in the Mafia?"  -- Mrs. Wu