Re: gnome-pilot,usb, and /proc

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 08:53:13PM -0400, Kurt Schneider wrote:
> I've just started trying to use gnome-pilot.  I've upgraded my kernel
> 2.2.16 and put the USB pack-port patch in.  My Visor syncs fine with
> coldsync, and J-Pilot.  However, it won't work with gnome-pilot.  I've
> found that /proc/bus/usb is empty, and it is suppose to have information
> in it.  I've mounted it with (using my fstab file), but nothing
> happens.  If I press my hotsync button, coldsync, or J-pilot will work,
> but still nothing in /proc/bus/usb.

This is pretty much the same problem I am having, FWIW.

Apparently, as far as I can tell, it has to do with a certain option not
being enabled in the gnome-pilot package, which (hopefully) will be
fixed in an upcoming HelixCode release of the package.

--
Evan DiBiase
PGP/GPG Key Available at http://www.wplug.org/~evand/key.asc