Yet more visor woes...
- From: "Victor B. Putz" <vputz nyx net>
- To: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
- Subject: Yet more visor woes...
- Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:46:19 -0600
Yes, another person having trouble getting gnome-pilot to sync with the
1) /proc/bus/usb seems to be set up correctly (at least, I have a
2) It's at least somewhat talking... after pressing the visor cradle
button, I can even do "cat /dev/visor" (a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB1) and
see it talking...
3) I've followed the "Handspring Visor mini-howto", and can "sync" to
the Visor via the ColdSync package...
Yet curiously, version 0.1.54-1 of gnome-pilot (installed from the RPM)
just waits when attempting to contact the visor. I've set up "Cradle"
as "/dev/visor", speed 57,600, type "Handspring USB"; when I attempt to
add a pilot via the control center, it just hangs when it gets to the
"Press synchronize on the Cradle (/dev/visor) or cancel the operation"
Urm. Grog not know what to try next.
] [Thread Prev