design issues

I recently got most of the gnome-pilot system to work, and I am
generally happy with it.  However, I am curious why the various
synchronization tools are capplets for the GNOME control panel.

They don't really seem to fit in.  All of the other capplets exist to
allow you to tweak configuration settings, whereas the pilot
synchronization is something that is logically independent of one's
GNOME configuration settings, and is something that one will need to
do multiple times per day.

Does anyone know how the Windows software that comes with the Palm
Pilot handles these issues?

I think a better idea would be to have something like pilotcc.

--
Colin Walters <levanti@verbum.org>
http://web.verbum.org/levanti