Re: Idea re: Palms, gnome & event alarms

Is crond platform-independent enough to use, or is it linux only?  If it's
platform-indepenent, then we could have alarms exported to ~/.crontab,
couldn't we?  Just an idea...

Later,

Jeremy Wise

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Scott D. Webster wrote:

> "Scott D. Webster" wrote:
> >
> > Gnome Meisters,
> >
> >         I have an idea (a suggestion really) that I want to toss in the ring
> > here and see what becomes of it.  I received a Palm III for Christmas
> > and have been following Gnome PIM, and Gnome Pilot development since
> > then.  Recently I though of something that I think would be very usefull
> > for Gnome PIM (and eventually Evolution) and Gnome Pilot users - an
> > alarm daemon.  It would be great to have a separate, small program that
> > would monitor the the event alarm configuration of datebook data and
> > generate some form of alarm at the proper time without requiring
> > gnomecal or evolution to be running at the time.
>
> 	Err...  I  forgot to mention that a possible alternative to a daemon
> would be an interface to export event alarms to cron and/or at.

|       Jeremy Wise                       Make every effort to enter        |
|       jwise@pathwaynet.com              through the narrow door,          |
|       ICQ #4664755                      because many, I tell you,         |
|       http://www.pathwaynet.com/~jwise  will try to enter and will        |
|       http://gnomeicu.gdev.net/         not be able to. (Luke 13:24)      |