Help with MAL link

I'm quite a newbie to gnome-pilot and I'm wondering how to integrate
malsync 2.0.4 into the MAL conduit. I can use 2.0.4 to sync fine, but
when I use the gpilot conduit I get a seg fault and it just crashes. I'm
guessing that the malsync version in the 0.4 conduit package must be way
out of date. So, can anyone please help with compiling the updated
malsync in? I tried just overwriting the source with the updated malsync
source, and it compiled, but then it refused to load the conduit
libraries. How can I get around this problem?
--
Vadim Gretchouchkin
Chief Web Designer