RE: Following log messages in conduits
- From: Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim optonline net>
- To: rgmerk mira net (Robert Graham Merkel)
- Cc: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: Following log messages in conduits
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:30:57 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Graham Merkel writes:
> I'm currently having a look at the memo_file conduit, which
> uses g_log to log messages. How can I view the log messages?
> According to the GLib documentation, in the absence of any
> modifications the messages should be logged to stdout, but
> how do I send stdout somewhere where I can read it?
By default gpilotd is a deamon that doesn't have stdout/stdin
attached. So in this case g_log goes to I believe
~/.xsession-errors. Alternatively you can kill currently running
gpilotd, and then start it in the terminal by hand. This will make the
logs output normally to stdout.
] [Thread Prev