Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 0.1.33

Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
 > On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:
 >
 > > :) I also submited several bug reports last night but didn't get an
 > > aknowledgement and don't see them on the server 24 hours later. Is
 > > that normal or does it mean they didn't go through and I should try again?
 >
 > bugs.gnome.org can be quite sluggish. They're there now, I've seen them,
 > and will hopefully get around to them this week.

I think bugs.gnome.org had a weekend off :). I'm just starting
using/hacking gnome so bare with me. I plan to start out helping with
the code as well, shortly...

 > > ** ERROR **: Can not communicate with GnomeCalendar server
 > > Looks like it couldn't connect to gnomecal corba server, but I have no
 > > clue were to look/what to do to fix this.
 >
 > Immediate fix: check the gnomecal.gnorba is in /etc/CORBA/servers, where
 > RH60 expects them to be. If you did a ./configure --prefix=/usr;gmake
 > install of gnome-pim, the .gnorba will be in
/usr/etc/CORBA/servers.

Bingo!  Now is this "/etc/CORBA" that RH uses a "non-standard"
location? Or is it that configure is not "smart" enough to put these
things in "/etc". And is there an option to configure to do that?

Calendar conduit just worked for me btw!!!

-Vadim