Serial patch for POSE 3.0a2

Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
 > So if you're annoyed by POSE's behaviour, please patch, test and comment.

I didn't look into the details of the patch, but patched 3.0a3 seems
to work much better than the original. Othwerwise it was droping and
not connecting constantly.

 > Also I was quite puzzled wrt. their object usage. They define a class
 > Platform with only static members, and in a file Platform_Unix.cpp fill in
 > the methods. Variables for the specific class still have to tbe declared
 > global, since they dont inherit from Platform. Que ?

I believe this is called "Inheritence by Code Replacement" (TM)  :-)
What they doing is just have one class Platform, with no derive
classes. Platform has a bunch of static functions that do the platform
specific stuff. Then depending on the platform they compile different
file to get different implementation for this class. Since you only
need one implementation at the time, it works, and real inheritence is
unnecessary, although this is definately not very OO. But I guess this is a
code-wise cleaner then #ifdef for platform each function in the same
file.

-Vadim