purge action in standard-abs conduit?

[I don't think this worked the first time, as I don't see it in
archive. Sorry if you get this twice.]

I remember while back there was mention of pre_sync/post_sync
signals. But I only see pre_sync. Is "purge" a replacement for
post_sync? Can it be used as such? The reason I'm asking is that
memo_file conduit currently does some cleaning up logic (record
spooling) in destroy_conduit but that looks like the wrong place for
several reasons: 1) It will be called After ALL conduits are done. It
was kinda weird seeing records spool AFTER all other conduits were
done even if memo_file was the first conduit. 2) if the other conduits
fail, or gpilotd dies, the records may not get spooled. And 3) it just
doesn't feel write. I think destroy_conduit should only free memory
and all the other actions should be done by now.

So this functionality really belons in "post_sync" action. So is
"purge" it ,and if not should we add one?

-Vadim