Re: Newbie

hi,

I have also been following the development of the gnome pilot software, though
my impression of the progress isn't quite as optimistic as those presented
here:)

There have been some changes to the web page, but given the progress in CVS I'm
not conviced a stable version should be expected. For those not tracking the
CVS, the changelog has the following entries:

Wed May 12 19:01:42 CEST 1999 <deity@dbc.dk>
Thu Apr 29 22:14:05 CEST 1999 <deity@dbc.dk>
Fri Feb 19 19:39:54 CET 1999 <deity@dbc.dk>
Tue Jan 26 20:45:08 CET 1999, <deity@dbc.dk>
Tue Jan 19 22:53:36 CET 1999, <deity@dbc.dk>
Thu Jan 07 14:47:18 1999 George Lebl <jirka@5z.com>
1998-10-26 <jrb@redhat.com>
Tue Aug 18 20:35:07 EDT 1998 Manish Vachharajani <mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>

I've cc'd deity on this, since (s)he(?) seems to be doing the most work :)

So, developers,
 what is going on?
 is anything going on?
 if there is, who is doing what?
 does anything need doing?

You might find there are a lot more people interested than you'd expect

Simon.

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:
> Alan Shutko writes:
>  > Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim@optonline.net> writes:
>  > > I just hope there's someone else on this list to answer this message
>  > > and refute my assumption of its' deadness.
>  >
>  > Don't know where the development is going on, but on it is going!
>  > There were a couple recent additions to the gnome-pilot homepage,
>  > mentioning a stable release should be out soon.
>
> Well I'm glad to stand corrected. Let's just hope that it is
> going. It sure didn't feel that way here. And I checked cvs a month
> ago and last changes were begining of the year. Developers
> are you out there? Can we have some word on the progress?

Simon Trimmer,
Internet Engineering Group, The Santa Cruz Operation. UK             +
email: simon@ocston.org  ext: 6850   direct: +44 1923 813 850

UNIX is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.