Re: ORBit thread safe ? was Re: gpilotd & corba

Oy...

> to work around this with the current set of lock functions?  What will be
> your reference for the list?  Someone should be able to do multiple list
> ops between a lock and an unlock.

Two ways.

1) does the head change ? Afaics it's allways the same, and it's
dataelement is NULL (thats the behaviour I've observed, whether its a
coincidence or not, I don't know).

2) Store the mutex as first element of list, complicating the use of
foreach.

3) Hope to whatever gods one worships, that I'll only be locking less then
10 lists in a few places, so I can just create a load of mutexes and lock
at free will.

[Child to parent signalling]
> If the CORBA stuff isn't too much of a pain, it sounds ok to me.

It should be ok. The child process could get a cookie from the parent, use
it in a call like request_completed(cookie,request).

> I will be starting a gncal conduit.  I really need one right now, so I

Will you be using syncabs ?

> > If I at least got paid, it might be ok.
> Ugh, no pay !?!?!

Nope, volunteer work. But it's a students bar, so I don't feel like a
complete ninny.

> power estimation for VLSI chips, and parallel digital test generation for
> my research. I am also interested in many other things of course :).

Should bloody hope so :)

eskil