Re: gpilotd questions...

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 jrb@redhat.com wrote:

> branch, but it was fairly clean, so I hope you won't have problems
> with the corba branch.

I try to keep the branch updated with changes made to the main. Makes
life easier later I hope.

> > And in addition to this, any conduit specific config options ofcourse.
> > Currently, only the memoconduit has any settings.
> Hmm...
> I actually like the old way a bit better, but that's ok.  I'm not sure

So did I, but for the grandma user, having the conduit controls in the
control-center is probably easier. But yes, it complicates the system of
choosing pilot id I guess.

\begin{ramble}
I never found out, can the capplets alter the lefthand tree ? If, you
could let the conduits be a treenode with each pilot a leaf.

If not, perhaps having yet another notebook inside the capplet (orientated
differently, with each pilot on each page.
\end{ramble}

> You could simply select the conduit you want to configure and pop up a
> dialog box to do it.  Seems a lot cleaner to me then a per-conduit
> capplet.

I think I'd like that as well (plus a toggle button to chose one of the
six modes (off, sync, copy from/to, merge from/to). Unless somebody really
feels that it violates the intention of control-center, then do it how you
prefer. And this also has the benefit, that if the conduit settings are
many, the capplet could get cluttered.

> Anyway, I'm looking into writing a conduit of my own (the address book
> one.)  I assume no one wanted to work on that, but I thought I'd ask
> here first.

Nope, nobody has done anything on that, and I for one would like that (and
a gnomecal conduit :-))

/dev/eskil