Re: Cross Distro Spec Files

On 6/12/05, James Ogley <james usr-local-bin org> wrote:
> I'm sure people have seen Luis' comments on Planet GNOME about improving
> packaging, well, I've put a first draft of notes on X-Distro .specs
> online:
> http://live.gnome.org/CrossDistroSpecFiles

Cool! I didn't realize it could be done that straightforwardly in the
spec file. It would really rock if someone with RH packaging-fu wanted
to collaborate with James on a cross-distro spec file for some of the
basic stuff in jhbuild- maybe gucharmap and the core dependencies? I
know there was some talk about doing this for libxml, but AFAICS it
didn't, so maybe this is the right time to get the ball rolling again.

Anyway, this definitely rocks- thanks, James-
Luis