Re: Gnome-packaging-list digest, Vol 1 #115 - 3 msgs

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 15:41, James Richardson wrote:

> > 1) Defining directories in the spec-file sucks.
> I agreed, I was using the referenced site as a "guideline" not as a
> howto.... no sense in rewritting binddir=blah when you don't have to...
> however i've noticed there's a lot of inconsitity in the destination of
> man pages.... sometimes they end up in /usr/man others /usr/share/man,
> but that's not really a big deal i guess.

If the package has a proper configure script - the %configure macro will
put man pages in the system default location.

Gnome packages that do not have a configure switch for where man pages
go should have a patch written for the autoconf system and submitted to
the package maintainer.