Creating .spec files

I'm in the process of putting together some spec files for some gnome apps, but i'm curious on how to handle the scrollkeeper documentation.

I'm definining %{localstatedir} to /var/lib per the "GNOME RPM spec file packaging guidelines" [ http://www.fedora.us/docs/rpm-packaging-guidelines.html ]. Also making sure to use their %install method and %build methods [as i've read on some mailing lists that the scripts aren't really portable or just doing a make DESTDIR=blah install dosen't garuntee it'll get get installed in the right place....

The gnome packages that do include scrollkeeper docs/omf fles install files into /var/lib/scrollkeeper/<lang>/<xmlfile>. Why is this? When you go to install another package, those files are "owned" by a previous package that installed those.

Is there a ./configure flag i'm missing to not install those?

James