Gnome2.0.2 RPMs for Caldera 3.1.1

Hi *,

first the obligatory introduction:
My name is Christian Lohmaier, live in Munich (Germany).
I use Caldera OpenLinux Workstation 3.1.1 and since Caldera only
supports kde (there are some semi-official gnome1.x-packages though - a
mix of ximian-packages and caldera ones, but these are very dated...) I
compiled gnome myself.
This time I created RPMs from the beginning (2.0.2), not afterwards like
the first time I compiled & installed gnome2 (some pre-release version
or release-candidate)... And it works :-)) - now I'm looking for a place
to offer these.. But here some details regarding the packages:

I use metacity instead of sawfish (therefore I have a metacity-RPM
instead of a sawfish-RPM) and I didn't compile at-spi (requires a newer
version of popt than provided with COLW3.1.1) and libgail-gnome
(requires at-spi). I also created only one gnome-user-docs package
(don't know why there are two versions).

To get all to work I had to
Create a dummy-package to docbook-utils that only creates symlinks in
the form of db2text -> docbook2text, db2dvi -> docbook2dvi and the like.
Create a newer freetype-package (this is ugly, since the old freetype
was part of XFree86-devel so the package has to replace files)
Create a docbook-dtd412-xml & docbook-xsl package for scrollkeeper
(install-Scripts taken from Daniel Veillard)

Waht else did I do?
I think the major thing is that I put Gnome2 in
/opt/gnome2
/etc/opt/gnome2
/var/opt/gnome2

The next thing that may be important is that Caldera's info-Package
installs install-info as /usr/bin/install-info, not as
/sbin/install-info, so the postin/uninstall-Scripts were adapted
accordingly.

Since I did not use /usr as the default location I used constructs like
%{_bindir}/gconftool-2 and %{_bindir}/scrollkeeper-update to avoid
errors during script-execution (I don't think you can make clear in some
release notes or README that the person who installs the packages just
has to add /opt/gnome2/bin to rpm's %_install_script_path)

I didn't have much problem getting everything to compile, but I'm not
sure about naming-conventions. Is the packagename gnome-vfs or gnome-vfs2?
GConf or GConf2...?

For tarballs that didn't include a spec-file I created one that provides
%name-devel and did not create seperate ones. I assigned the group
NOSPEC to these packages..
In detail these are:
pkgconfig-0.12.0-0,      libbonobo-2.0.0-0,         libgnome-2.0.5-0,
libwnck-0.17-0,          libart_lgpl-2.3.10-1,      libgnomecanvas-2.0.4-0,
libbonoboui-2.0.3-0,     libgnomeui-2.0.5-0,        gconf-editor-0.3.1-0,
libgnomeprint-1.116.0-0, libgnomeprintui-1.116.0-0, gail-0.17-1,
gedit-2.0.5-0,           libzvt-2.0.1-0,            gnome-terminal-2.0.1-0,
libgtkhtml-2.0.2-0,      yelp-1.0.6-1

All of these lack a description and the neccessary Requires and
BuildRequires.

Anyway, I'd like to share my effort with others and for this reason I'm
looking for some webspace to put these packages for testing/enjoying.
Install GConf as one of the first packages (otherwise the registration
of schema-files will fail).
Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary resources to provide the RPMs
and SRPMs. For this reason I'm looking for webspace...