Re: gal.spec

On 02 Sep 2001 00:43:00 +0200, Chipzz wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2001, Chris Lyttle wrote:
>
> > From: Chris Lyttle <chris wilddev net>
> > Subject: Re: gal.spec
> >
> > Ok Here's the GtkHTML spec file
>
> This is a debian/mandrake style spec file. I think the convention is to use
> RedHat style spec files (eg, no "lib" prepended and no version number appen-
> ded)
>
> I also have a working gtkhtml spec file that I will commit in cvs soon.

The problem which I'm trying to address with both of these spec files is
that with each 'upgrade' of gtkhtml/gal to a new version this breaks
apps compiled to use the previous version
For eg, gnumeric uses libgal.so.8 and when upgrading evolution it
requires libgal.s0.9, but replacing the gal breaks gnumeric.
Separating off the libgal/libgtkhtml from the main rpm's using the
libgal9, etc is one way to be able to still upgrade without breaking
apps that rely on previous versions.

Chris