Re: gconf.spec.in patch

On 14 Oct 2001, Ross Golder wrote:

> From: Ross Golder <ross golder org>
> Subject: gconf.spec.in patch
>
> The attached patch is necessary to make an RPM using 'rpm -ta
> gconf-1.1.2.tar.gz' from a 'make dist' from CVS HEAD (as of today). It
> looks like it hadn't been maintained for a while.
>
> Please let me know if it should be committed.
>
> --
> Ross

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks wrong:

+%{prefix}/lib/GConf/2/*.a
+%{prefix}/lib/GConf/2/*.la

Why do we need static versions of plugins?
(These shouldn't have been built in the first place, something that happens
quite often)

It's not your fault thou I guess, rather the Makefile.am 's should be
changed I IMHO.

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout