Applying a filter on a remote machine / New concept

Hi everybody,

I am working on a set of libraries / client and server program to
allow any application to export / import using a remote machine :
The birds lake.

This can be very interressant since one can then access to a wide
variety of filters without installing more programs.

I have finished the skeleton of the whole, and it works.

I have tried to be very general :
- I am using CORBA, but I can use HTTP later for communication.
- I am using gtk, but it may be possible to do it in QT later
- Filters are written in python, but we can use other langages later
- etc ...

See http://thebirdslake.free.fr/Abiword/index.htm
for a concrete example of integration into the abiword processor.

All comments are welcome.

Regards,
	Michel.

P.S. : It may be hard to install since there are a lot of new libraries.