Re: Privacy

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:41, Elijah Newren wrote:
> different game from the panel menu.  He's gotten really good at this,
> and I don't know how to teach him to not close windows.  Sure, I can
> just tell him he can't use the computer, but I would rather not be
> restricted from occasionally allowing him to do so (nor do I want to be
> restricted in what I have to do in order to allow him to safely play for
> a few minutes).

One thing to possibly trick a happy kid to not destroy everything is to
move to the "kids room" - away from your other stuff: start the game on
a separate virtual desktop and hide the pager. This might work at least
a bit, of course it doesn't protect anything for real, but maybe a bit
of "security by obscurity" could work with the nephew? :)

//Tuomas