Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:12, Christopher Browne wrote:
[snips the 'why Abi instead of Gnumreic']
> Or am I perhaps missing either some fundamental feature that AbiWord has
> that would make its use spectacularly valuable, or some stupendously
> fatal flaw in Gnumeric that makes it a horrible choice?

People expect reports to be presented as a document, like a word
processor document, that's tidily formatted and can be easily slotted
into other word processor documents for passing onto others.

You're suggesting to use a Spreadsheet which is all about calculation
and less about Presentation.

Gnumeric is fundamentally inappropriate when you take the user
expectations into consideration.  Of course, we might wish to redefine
user expectation rather that do it the same way as everybody else.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com