Re: Abiword report generator [was Re: Dynamic data queries]
- From: msevior physics unimelb edu au
- To: "Linas Vepstas" <linas linas org>
- Cc: msevior physics unimelb edu au, "Dru" <andru treshna com>, gnome-db-list gnome org, "Charles Goodwin" <charlie xwt org>, "Andrew Hill" <dru treshna com>, gnucash-devel gnucash org, gnome-office-list gnome org, "Tim Lord" <timl treshna com>
- Subject: Re: Abiword report generator [was Re: Dynamic data queries]
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:01:02 +1100 (EST)
> Hi Martin,
> Well, I wouldn't have written the previous email if I'd read this one
> first. You cover all the issues of nesting & etc. that I was concerned
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:28:55PM +1100, msevior physics unimelb edu au
> was heard to remark:
>> OK we could do this securely if Abi was linked into your app's address
>> space or if it was specfically invoked with the PID of the calling
>> or if activated as a bonobo component.
> ? what security exposure is there?
Oh, imagine you're typing your ultra-top secret document explaining to
your fellow conspirators how GNU-Cash actually has a hidden back-door that
allows you to extract financial records from all your users when suddenly
an external process attaches itself to your AbiWord program and extracts
all the text....
Or more mundanely you're writing a reference for someone..
] [Thread Prev