Re: [gnome-db] What DWI does [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]
- From: Derek Atkins <warlord MIT EDU>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Andrew Hill <dru treshna com>, Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>, Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>, gnucash-devel gnucash org, Josh Sled <jsled-gnomeoffice asynchronous org>, Gnome Office <gnome-office-list gnome org>, gtk-list gnome org, gnome-db-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-db] What DWI does [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:47:16 -0500
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:
>> No, the XML backend does not -- it enforces single-user mode by a
>> file lock. Users hate it (and I don't blame them).
> then the cache consistency checks can be implemented on top of the data
> backends, right? i.e., no need for libgda to do those checks?
If we were going to write a "gda backend" to qof, then yes, theoretically
those checks could go in the qof-backend module instead of in gda. But
gda does require the necessary hooks (which you just assured me would be
Granted, it might be "better" if those consistency checks were in gda
so that other apps could use them, but as far as gnucash is concerned
I'm not convinced it really matters.
Is there a SQLite module for gda?
Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/ PP-ASEL-IA N1NWH
warlord MIT EDU PGP key available
] [Thread Prev