Re: Next GNOME-Office release.

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 00:45 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> I propose we call this next release GNOME-Office 1.2. It would be really
> cool to have a combined AbiWord, Gnumeric (and maybe GNOME-DB) binary
> installer for Windows as well as our standard Gnome packages.

Combined installer should only be acceptable (in a modern way) on GNU/
Linux systems (and others too, maybe) if used through a meta package on
yum/apt/emerge repositories.

In systems with package management it's just definitely not smart to
have rpm -ivh gnome-office-1.2 (which would install abiword, gnumeric,
gnome-db, etc...).

But it would make sense to do:

$ apt-get install gnome-office#1.2
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be upgraded
  gnumeric abiword
The following packages will be installed
  gnome-office gnome-db
2 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get NNNNNNkB of archives.
After unpacking XXXXMB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] [enter]

Rui