[no subject]

> In conjunction with an "only use colours from theme" mode in your app,
> in which the user would have to rely on this status indicator alone,
> you'd be pretty much HIG-friendly, I think.

Well, that's what I mean. I asked for a critical, gotta-have feature,
and the answer was "were not gonna do it because its not HIG friendly".
Which is the same answer I got last time :-(

> > Flashing red even.
>
> Flashing bad... would almost certainly need to be turned off by default,
> for accessibility if not sanity reasons :)

Maybe you've not been in a trading room or control room or hosptial
ICU.  These places can have one operator staring at ten or twenty
monitors.   Its really easy to miss a status change on one of the
screens; so if its an important status change, it blinks, and if its
really important, its wired to a buzzer.  Literally.  Hospital ICU's
beep like the f**-all.  Sanity is less important than immediate
action.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas linas org>