Re: GnuCash as server [WAS: Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:31:40AM -0500, Josh Sled was heard to remark:
> > Or the evolution people can do a GET against gnucashd to get upcoming
> > scheduled transactions and invoice-due-dates info for the summary page.
>
> If you can find an industry standard xml markup for representing
> calander appointments (which is how I like to think of scheduled
> transactions ... something like a recurring meeting notice),
> would be great.  If you could convince the evolution folks to use
> that industry-standard calander markup as thier communications
> protocol, then we're almost home free.  But I suspect there is
> none-such.

How about vCalendar, RFCs 2445, 2446, 2447, and the OASIS iCalendar DTD?
http://xml.coverpages.org/iCal.html

That is, in fact, what KDE "Kollab" uses, as does GNOME-PIM, as does
Ximian Evolution.

What they are weak on, at this point, is the handling of _shared_
calendar objects.  But this is certainly not a case where there's no
industry-standard scheme...
--
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lsf.html
Windows 'XCV -  A 32 bit patch for  a 16 bit interface to an  8 bit OS