Re: [Inkscape-devel] Joining GNOME Office

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 17:09, Dave Malcolm wrote:
> Re. Conglomerate:  we're building a general purpose XML editor aimed at
> end-users for "document style" DTDs, focussing initially on DocBook.  So
> we'd love to be able to embed Inkscape for editing SVG subtrees within
> our users documents.  I'm not sure how much we'd be able to offer you in
> return, though! (This is rather blue-sky right now, though)

Well, I'd imagine the relationship could be reciprocal.

While I do plan on implementing a (bare-bones) internal XML editor,
being able to use conglomerate if present would rock, too.

One obstacle we'd need to think about would be dealing with the
differing internal document representations.

Inkscape is basically aiming in-memory hierarchical database, including
transactions, which I think kind of precludes using libxml structures.
Also, the eventual plan for Inkscape is to also store CSS parse trees in
the same document tree as the XML document itself.

-mental