Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 17:02 +0000, Charles Goodwin wrote:

> > > Patches to make this work accepted.
> >
> > right, doing releases seems quite difficult to automate, at least from
> > my experience. If someone has ideas on how to do it, I'd be very
> > grateful. The only automation I've came with is a list of step-by-step
> > instructions on what to do.
>
> Well we should be able to automate:
> * build generation for all projects for each supported platform

as Jody mentioned, Ximian's build-buddy can help people in doing that.

> * changlelog generation for each release

this is very hard to do. I really don't want gnome-db's NEWS file be
generated from our ChangeLog's entries :-)

> * project website updates (if projects were to share web resources)

that would be really great. GNOME-DB is in desperate need of a
maintainer, so if you come up with some web team, please take it into
account.

cheers