Re: Please think about this

Yes, you are correct.  However, it gives "permission denied" on
many folders - unless you are on as root.

Alan Horkan wrote:

http://gnome-find.sourceforge.net/
i thought that this or something similar is included with newer
versions of Gnome.

The first thing I "caught" myself doing was opening a terminal
window and using the find command to find a file.  Why?

I use Red Hat 7.2 and 7.3.  The Nautilus file manager does
not have a way to find a file.  The Nautilus online manual
shows "Find" and "Services" but they don't really exist.