creation of "business management software"

Hello, I was wondering if there are any plans in the works for developing some "business management software" similar to MYOB for GNOME Office. GNU Cash didn't quite seem what I was after, so that's why i'm mailing. What would be great is a program that can invoice accounts such as customers and suppliers, and keep all billing/sales/purchase/product related information in a database. Also, useability at a point of sale machine, running GNOME/GNOME Office, is ideal (similar to myob).

If there's already a project on the go, please point me in the right direction; if not, how can it be set in motion? I can code, and since schools out for the summer, I'd like to contribute.

ty
Micah