Re: How do we want the different parts to integrate (Was Re: What goes in gnome

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 18:45, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> I'm in the midst of working on the successor to libole.  It will
> support ole and the OO zip format.  With that in place and the
> ability to just display embedded windows we are most of the way
> there.  Things like menu/toolbar merging can also be done at a
> slower pace.

I think that's (embedding windows) the level of usage of Bonobo we need,
and for that task it is simply the best option.

I don't think we should now integrate Bonobo in the core of all GO
applications. We can just do wrappers for the functionality in those
apps that export that functionality via Bonobo. So, when running the app
in standalone mode, the Bonobo stuff wouldn't even be started. It could
even be just a separated process/shared library, not the actual GO app's
process.

cheers