Re: GNOME Office list, and Sun/AbiWord

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Joaquín Cuenca Abela <cuenca@celium.net> writes:
> > For instance, we can start doing a real GnomeCanvasRichTextItem
>
> I think the Achtung guys have quite a lot of progress on this by the
> way, based on the new text widget from GTK 2.0.

Well, Phil Schwan has made a good start on one, but we are in a bit of a
quandry now as to whether to try to finish it or not.  We are concerned
about the amount of effort it will take to finish since it will arguably
be deprecated by the arrival of Pango and friends in 2.0.  There are
some significant issues related to zooming and general font suckageness
that sidetracked our effort.

If the abi guys think their architecture will support such a beast, I
say bring it on.  I'd be willing to throw in with them as far as setting
up some bonobo factories and such.

Mike