Re: What is GNOME office?

Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:
>  Maybe this is subjective, but I can tell you that the Helix GNOME
> team kept asking me `Why do we ship Abi, it is full of bugs'.

This complaint is totally invalid/irrelevant when talking about
explicitly unstable devel versions of software. If you ship it it's
your own fault. You get both pieces.

(Red Hat ships it too I think - but we aren't flaming the AbiWord team
about the fact that it's unstable, because they told us that.)

And from a technical standpoint, bug count and stability may or may
not be an indicator of code quality and future
potential. Enlightenment doesn't crash that often, but try hacking on
it sometime. Mozilla went from totally unusable, crashy, and slow to
reasonably stable and fast in only a few months once they had spent a
year and a half doing most of the work for a clean architecture and
finally focused on fixing bugs.

Havoc