Re: Specifying Office Component IDL?

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Mike Kestner wrote:

> I'm not sure about Abiword, but both Gnumeric and Achtung are built off
> the GnomeCanvas.  I read once where the Abihackers were considering
> providing a RichText Canvas item for use in GO apps.  The canvas seems
> to me the obvious core technology to build a GNOME office suite.

We could do this but there is not an obvious benefit right now to using
the Gnome Canvas in AbiWord. We thought it might be nice to use the AA
Canvas but it is much too slow for text. I'm very interested in the GTK
2.0 use of Xfree 4.1 AA fonts though.

I think that is way to do AA word processing.

Cheers

Martin Sevior