Re: [gnome-network] Request for gnome-nettool freeze break (2)
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: German Poo Caamaño <gpoo ubiobio cl>
- Cc: GNOME Release Team <release-team gnome org>, GNOME Network <gnome-network-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-network] Request for gnome-nettool freeze break (2)
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:22:31 +0200
On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 16:55 -0400, Germán Poó Caamaño wrote:
> The followings patches resolve the following bug (not in bugzilla):
> Just maka one NS query, not two, when a user is trying to do some
> task, such as ping, traceroute, scan. Also, lookup (a NS tool)
> is not suppossed to use gethostbyname, because the tool must to
> resolve a hostname. The perfomance is a bit better, specially
> for users that only has a modem line.
> This patch, also allow to lookup for TLD's or any other domain
> that only has NS resource records, for instance, .net, .org,
> .golder.org, etc.
approved from this end.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev