Re: [gnome-network]Re: Service Discovery for GNOME

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 19:19, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 13:41 -0700, Ian McKellar wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 02:47, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

<snip>

> all this sounds perfect to me. So, if you agree, I'm going to start
> writing the CORBA daemon.

I can't offer much, but I can do anything with Perl, bug-test in a
variety of environments and provide useful feedback. Heck, I'd even be
willing to take a stab at building CPAN modules for the abstraction
library (when it's finished or at least in a usable state).

I currently have access to two networks, one all Linux based with ~10
machines on two subnets and another mixed Lin/Win network of ~6
machines. I'm also hopefully getting my hands on a PPC box in the next
few weeks.

If there's anything I can do to help this process along I'd love to be
able to contribute it. I believe you (Ian) are on the right path with
the abstraction ideology and am absolutely certain that _many_ people
would find this setup very suitable.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for this project!

:)

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.