Re: [gnome-network] network status applet?

El dom, 05-10-2003 a las 18:32, Josh Krueger escribió:
> Hi, just wondering if theres any plans for an network status applet( or
> if one exists that im not aware of), somthing along the lines of what is
> in the taskbar of Win2k and up, somthing that tells you whether there is
> a link, or in the case of wireless, tell if it is associated w/ an ap.
> also being able to adjust adapter settings (ip/subnet/gateway or specify
> to use dhcp, add/remove routes) or call up the larger gnome-network info
> utility.

The information is available through gnome-netinfo.  But and integration
with applets is needed.  AFAIR, network applets exists and
Mark McLoughlin was working in something like that.

gnome-netinfo show more information, usefuless if we think
only in the network state.

However, Release/Negotiate a new address by DHCP looks like a
gnome system tool task.  This is not a task for a common user (whitout
priviledges).

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl