Re: [gnome-network]Testing Gnome Network

Mark Finlay wrote:
Hey all,

I've been on this list for a while and I've heard talk of loads of great stuff being worked on in gnome-network. But when I build
gnome-network out of cvs I only get the remote shell and network
info apps installed. Are there other cvs modules associated with
gnome-network that I should be installing?

Certainly Rodrigo and German could answer this better but they are very busy :)

I think you need libcherokee and its own dependencies to build the personal web server. The main dependency is GNU TLS which depends on gcrypt, etc. Unfortunately, none of these are in Fedora nor do they appear to be proposed for Fedora (which is what I use). It seems that they will be staying with libssl for awhile, despite the license problems. So I haven't gotten this to build yet either because I'm reluctant to add a whole new and redundant dependency stack.

I'm surprised that the remote desktop tool didn't build. It might require vnc or rdesktop.

There is also the transfer manager but it isn't getting built on my system either for some reason. I get the following message from configure:

configure: configuring in gnome-transfer-manager
configure: WARNING: no configuration information is in gnome-transfer-manager

There is also a separate CVS module called libgnetwork but I haven't played with it yet.

Jon