[GNOME-my][Fwd: [gnome-love] Easy project: Document writer credits in About boxes]

It is chance to help out.
--- Begin Message ---
Having received no response on the documentation list about this, it is
probably time to set the eager hoardes on the gnome-love list to work.

The work required here is in multiple parts:

(1) Identify an application that has documentation, but does not show
any documenter credits in the about box (it will be the second tab in
the "Credits" section of the About box).
        - You can track down such applications just by browsing the
        available documentation in Yelp and then examining the
        "Help->About" menu item in the corresponding application.

        - At this point, even if you do not wish to create a patch,
        there is a real bug and, at a minimum, you should file a
        bugzilla report against the appropriate product.

(2) Look in the C source code and find the call to gnome_about_new().
The sixth parameter to gnome_about_new is a pointer to a NULL-terminated
array of strings (or NULL). The array contains a list of the documenters
names. So creating a patch to fix the problem would involve creating an
array of authors' names and passing the pointer to this array into
gnome_about_new().

(3) If the application uses glade to construct the about box, you should
just fill the names into the "authors" box in glade (load the .glade
file into glade, select the about box widget and look for "authors" on
the first tab in the widget properties window).

Any help will be much appreciated here.

Cheers,
Malcolm