RE: [GNOME-my]Gnome Keyboard Lockup

I do If I ever want to move menus around.. I don't really like to have a
scrolling menu. I prefer the right, then right, then right then right..
etc..

(I've not tried it but based on what I see, that might be the best choice to
move menu listings around.. eg: move ethereal from Internet to system tools)

> > Yeah.. There's few items you need to modify before RH will
> let you touch
> > Gnome's default menu systems. I can't remember where it
> was.. but then
> > again, I've got it jotted down somewhere.
>
> If you can recall what you change, please let me know about it. I used
> to change directly the XML file in order to avoid readonly set  by RH.
> >
> > Just a part of my "Against Dummies that forget" initiative.

Hmm.. seems like you like my "against Dummies that forget" book..
Don't worry.. I won't ask for payment.. it's Open sourced.. :)

Here it it..

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Menu-editing in RedHat 9

    * To enable menu editing per user config (via nautilus), you need to
open a terminal and do the following:

      su -
      <give root password>
      cd /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules
      cp default-modules.conf default-modules.conf-no-menu-editing
      cp default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing default-modules.conf

      For any user you want to have the right to edit their menu, you also
need to do this as the user:

      cd ~/.gnome2/vfolders
      cp /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu applications.vfolder-info
    * When gnome-panel is restarted (via logout/login or kill) the user will
be able to see the changes they have made to their menu.