Re: [GNOME-my]GNOME Malaysia site

Thank a lot for your comment! ;)

> Hi there..
>
> I'm new in this list...but myname is Azman Jantan from German Malaysian
> Institute.
> Ok i've browse through the WEBSITE...the design is plus minus the same
> with www.gnome.org. Ok that is what it should be...isn't it. To make
> sure that people around the world knows that is about the gnome.

To be honest, I am not a web designer, never done any web design before,
so i found that reuse the template from GNOME website is a fast and easy
way. Also as you said, I prefer to keep it have similar look as other
gnome site but too uniquely enough to identify that it is belong to
GNOME Malaysia.

I am not supposed to have final say about how it looks, so it is up to
the community (local GNOME) to contribute idea, work and any others to
make the website the look they want.

> 1. i do think that the community (including me) should add gnome
> malaysian activities that will or may be carried out. And the link
> should be Activities.

Yes, so maybe we can have a menu link to a pages showing all local
events organized that GNOME has some relevant to it.

> 2. The website is about gnomeism..so we should get people ( malaysia) to
> host their project in asiaosc but linking through the malaysia gnome.
> and create a link "Project"

It is good to do that, but the Project linked there must meet at least 2
criteria:

0) Must be Free Software (or open source).[1]
1) must be using GNOME platforms and desktop.

Others
******
The final website will hopefully moved into
community.asiaosc.org/~gnome-my soon. It will not go into gnome.org
domain for several reasons:

0) It is a regional website, as a way to promote local free and open
   source community, it is a good to host in malaysia.

1) GNOME is a free software project, it is always short of resources, we
   can save GNOME a lot by making use of corporate resources (MIMOS)
   without violating the principles of free software and open source.

Final
*****
Please help............... Colin has volunteer to help about the
website, just I haven't applied an account from community.asiaosc.org
(will done in  this week).

If you good in designing website, try make it pretty.. but content
full...

again, thank a lot, I will take into consideration of your suggestion.

regards,
HOH

[1] Commercial software is ok, but must be free software.
--
Chee Bin HOH <cbhoh gnome org>, http://community.asiaosc.org/~cbhoh

Where we're going, we don't need roads..., http://www.gnome.org

Free Software - `Free` as in Freedom, http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html