RELEASE: GStreamer Python Bindings 0.10.4 'Alegre'

This mail announces the release of GStreamer Python Bindings 0.10.4 'Alegre'.

GStreamer Python Bindings is a set of Python bindings for GStreamer, using
the same system as PyGTK.
It also comes with a number of examples.

For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-python.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-python]
Release notes for GStreamer Python bindings 0.10.4 "Alegre"

The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Python Bindings.

The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.

Features of this release

      * Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
      * Threadsafe design and API
      * Conditional compile of core API additions
      * wrapped gst.BaseSrc and gst.PushSrc

Bugs fixed in this release

      * 339010 : segfault/undefined behavior with optional GstCaps args
      * 337876 : TagList does not retreive tags by key if 2 or more tags w...

API changed in this release

- API additions:

* gst.get_gst_version()
* gst.get_pygst_version()

Download

You can find source releases of gst-python in the download directory:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-python/

GStreamer Homepage

More details can be found on the project's website:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

Support and Bugs

We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers

CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.

Applications

Contributors to this release

      * Andy Wingo