Re: The future of Gnome CD Themes?

Hi Alan,

I noticed your patches in bugzilla - will check them out, thanks.
However, ...

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 21:03 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> >From what little information I've gathered I have gotten an impression
> people want to kill off the themes for various reasons and use only Gnome
> Themes.  Is there a specific plan to phase out themes, partly or
> completely?

... Gnome-CD will be removed sometime soon. It'll be replaced by sound
juicer, which will get a more player-like interface (see Ross' blog of
16/6 '04), I've promised Ross I'd do some coding on this. Gnome-CD just
doesn't cut it. It's interface doesn't fit in with the rest of GNOME,
there's some memory issues in there that I find hard to solve, and it is
very bonobo-integrated, which seems to have lost love in the GNOME
community. I can either recode it, or use something sane that's out
there: sound juicer. At GUADEC this year, Ross and I agreed using S-J
was the sanest solution. S-J has it all: it has a nice, GNOME'y UI, it
is easy to use, has integrated ripping and is very intuitive.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>