Re: totem don't work

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 13:20 +0200, bernard wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I work with linux fedora core 4 and totem 1.04 (gstreamer 0.8.10) All
> in french version
> > I have updated to libdvdread-0.9.4
> >
> > but when i insert a dvd, i always get the message :
> >
> > Totem could not play 'dvd://',
> > No URI handler implemented for "dvd://"
> >
> > As somebody a good idea ?
>
> Please see:
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/#codecs
>
> Which will explain how to install codecs for the GStreamer version of
> Totem.
>
> ==================================================================================
> It is very difficult to have totem working fine !
> Where can i find all the package necessary ?
> Is it possible to obtain a package "totem" working fine ?
> I am a newbee and it is very difficult for me ....

Reading the manuals on freshrpms.net would have helped ;)

Those commands run as root should help you:
echo "yum freshrpms-rpms http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/4/i386/freshrpms/"; >> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
up2date -i gstreamer-plugins-extra-dvd

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I liked the glamour of Hollywood when I first came here, and I guess I
still do. -- Jack Nicholson