Logo Issue e-aim and gnome

Hi,

Myself Tom, And I am a freelance web designer and multmedia professional and I am running a small website www.e-aim.com, I am the only person who is looking after this website, but I am getting mails from different countries, that I ve taken the logo from GNOME site, that was realy similar to my logo.

But now I have changed my logo and now its almost modified not similar to GNOME and even at foot design i ve made changes and now it has 5 finger impressions instead of 4 unlike GNOME.

So I just want to know, do you people have any objection, in my this latest new logo as its absolutely chnged?

sorry for inconvinience.

please do write back to me ASAP.

Thanks
Tom