Re: build sherrif-ery - nautilus-media fails to configure

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:07:44 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele
<thomas apestaart org> wrote:
> There's only one maintainer and that's me.  And as people pointed out,
> there *is* no good solution.  Stuff got removed from nautilus, and I
> guess since it's not a platform module that's considered fine.  However,
> there is no alternative provided by nautilus at all, so I really don't
> see how the functionality can be provided.
>
> I'm trying hard not to be annoyed because of that.
>
> So really, the only way the build problem can be "solved" is to have
> someone tell me what to do with this.

So...

(1) what functionality are we losing because of the nautilus changes?
(2) what functionality is duplicated between totem and n-m?
(3) what's left in n-m that isn't  in (1) or (2)?

Seeing as I don't have a working sound card on my current primary box,
I don't have much media here to test things with...

Luis