Re: [gst-devel] error handling in GStreamer
- From: Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org>, gnome-multimedia <gnome-multimedia gnome org>, gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [gst-devel] error handling in GStreamer
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:19:05 +0200
On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 11:58, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > In an application, the following would thus be possible:
> > a) pop up an error dialog with an advanced button, where "advanced"
> > would show (d) and (e), as well as source code file, line number,
> > function
> I don't like that one, I must say. If it's a programming error, it
> should go as a g_warning, not be user-visible.
The basic idea is to output a GST_DEBUG() output message (which is like
a g_warning()) together with the UI message. Doing all this in one
function makes our life easier.
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
Linux Video/Multimedia developer
] [Thread Prev