ANNOUNCE: BEAST/BSE v0.5.4
- From: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- To: beast gnome org
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, <gnome-multimedia gnome org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: BEAST/BSE v0.5.4
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:42:30 +0200 (CEST)
BEAST/BSE version 0.5.4 is available for download at:
BEAST (the Bedevilled Audio SysTem) is a graphical front-end to
BSE (the Bedevilled Sound Engine), a library for music composition,
audio synthesis, MIDI processing and sample manipulation.
The project is hosted at:
This new development series of BEAST comes with a lot of
the internals redone, many new GUI features and a sound
generation back-end separated from all GUI activities.
The most outstanding new features are the track editor which allowes
for easy selection of synthesizers or samples as track sources, loop
support and unlimited UnDo/ReDo capabilities.
Note, the .bse file format hasn't fully stabilized yet, so
incompatibilities with future versions may occur, though we're
making every possible attempt to maintain backwards compatibility.
Overview of Changes in BEAST/BSE 0.5.4:
* Ported and improved synthesis module from David A. Bartold:
DavSynDrum - Synthetic drum generator
* Added support for control event editing
* Added per-note velocity and fine-tune editing
* Added support for per-track and per-song special effects
* Some GUI polishing
* Fixes to compile on NetBSD
* Miscellaneous bug fixes
] [Thread Prev