Re: GNOME-media on the road to 2.4.0

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 14:21, Brian Cameron wrote:

> I suppose it is not a problem for some people that GNOME's multimedia
> apps can not support popular audiovideo format, but it would obviously
> be a problem for those people who had an interest in playing such
> files.  Especially frustrating if you own a license for playing the
> format and the only thing restricting you from using it is the GPL'ed
> nature of the player.

There is nothing stopping you from using your licensed plugin with these
players. There is only a problem as far as I can see it, if you try to
distribute the player and plugin

How does the GPL stop me from playing patent protected files in my GPL
player if I have the correct libraries? From my knowledge the GPL says
nothing about use, only about distribution.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"